What Is Spline Shaft
The spline shaft is a kind of mechanical transmission. The flat key, half-circle key, and oblique key are the same, all of which transmit mechanical torque. There is a longitudinal keyway on the surface of the shaft, and the rotating part sleeved on the shaft also has a corresponding keyway, which can be retained. Rotate synchronously with the axis. While rotating, some can also slide longitudinally on the shaft, such as gearbox shift gears. Spline shafts are divided into rectangular spline shafts and involute spline shafts. Rectangular spline shafts in spline shafts are widely used, while involute spline shafts are used for larger loads and require high centering accuracy. And larger connections. Rectangular spline shafts are usually used in aircraft, automobiles, tractors, machine tool manufacturing, agricultural machinery and general mechanical transmission and other devices. Because the rectangular spline shaft works with multiple teeth, it has high load-bearing capacity, good neutrality and good guiding performance, and its shallow tooth root can reduce the stress concentration. In addition, the strength of the shaft and hub of the spline shaft is weakened, and the processing is more convenient, and higher precision can be obtained by grinding. Involute spline shafts are used for connections with large loads, high centering accuracy requirements, and large dimensions. Its characteristics: the tooth profile is involute, and there is radial force on the teeth when loaded, which can play a self-centering function, so that each tooth is uniformly stressed, has high strength and long life, the processing technology is the same as that of the gear, and it is easy to obtain higher precision And interchangeability
- Function: It is a kind of mechanical transmission, and the flat key, half-circle key and oblique key have the same functions, all of which transmit mechanical torque.
- Structure: There is a longitudinal keyway on the outer surface of the shaft, and the rotating part sleeved on the shaft also has a corresponding keyway, which can keep synchronous rotation with the shaft. While rotating, some can also slide longitudinally on the shaft, such as gearbox shift gears.
- Application examples: in brakes and steering mechanisms. There is also a telescopic shaft, which is composed of inner and outer tubes, the outer tube has internal teeth, and the inner tube has external teeth, which are sleeved together. When in use, it can extend and contract in the length direction while transmitting the rotating torque.
- Material: 40Cr.
- Heat treatment. Hardening surface hardness HRC45-50
The Features And Applications Of Spline Shaft
Rectangular spline shaft
Rectangular spline shafts are widely used, such as aircraft, automobiles, tractors, machine tool manufacturing, agricultural machinery and general mechanical transmission devices. Its characteristics: multi-tooth work, high load-bearing capacity, good centering, good guidance, shallow tooth root, small stress concentration, small weakening of shaft and hub strength, convenient processing, and high precision with grinding methods. There are two series in the standard (light series and medium series).
Involute spline shaft
Spline processing methods: There are many processing methods for spline shafts. It mainly adopts cutting processing methods such as hobbing, milling and grinding, and also can adopt plastic deformation processing methods such as cold hammering and cold rolling.
- Hobbing method: Use the spline hob to process the spline shaft milling machine or gear hobbing machine according to the generative method. This method has high productivity and precision, and is suitable for mass production.
- Milling method: On the universal milling machine, use a special forming milling cutter to directly mill the contour between the teeth, and use an indexing head to divide the tooth by tooth; if the forming milling cutter is not used, two disc milling cutters can also be used to mill one tooth at the same time. On both sides, after milling tooth by tooth, use a disc milling cutter to slightly trim the bottom diameter. The productivity and accuracy of the milling method are low, and it is mainly used for processing spline shafts centered on the outer diameter in single-piece small batch production and roughing before hardening.
- Grinding method: Grind the spline tooth side and bottom diameter on the spline shaft grinder with a shaped grinding wheel, which is suitable for processing hardened spline shafts or splines with higher precision requirements, especially splines centered on the inner diameter. axis.
- Cold play: It is carried out on a special machine tool. The two heads arranged symmetrically on the outer side of the circumference of the workpiece rotate at a constant speed ratio with the indexing rotary motion of the workpiece and the axial feed. Each time the workpiece rotates by 1 tooth, the forming wheel on the head matches the tooth groove of the workpiece Hammering once, under the continuous hammering of the high-speed and high-energy movement of the beating wheel, the surface of the workpiece is plastically deformed to form a spline. The accuracy of cold hammering is between milling and grinding, and the efficiency is about 5 times higher than that of milling. Cold hammering can also improve material utilization. The above introduction is a detailed explanation of the spline shaft processing method
The spline shaft has a longitudinal keyway on the outer surface of the shaft, and the rotating part sleeved on the shaft also has a corresponding keyway, which can keep synchronous rotation with the shaft. While rotating, some can also slide longitudinally on the shaft, such as gearbox shift gears.
- CNC lathe processing: Φ5mm-Φ60mm*700mm
- CNC milling machine processing: 800mm*1500mm*700mm
3. Technical parameters
|Material||Alloy steel, carbon steel, stainless steel, stainless iron|
|Surface Treatment||Oxidation, blackening, electroplating, polishing, black matt treatment, sandblasting|
|Testing Equipment||Projector, roughness meter, thread pitch runout measuring instrument, caliper, micrometer, lever micrometer, micro thread caliper, gauge, Rockwell hardness tester, Webster hardness tester, diameter gauge, gear testing center, roundness tester, Deflection instrument, stop gauge, high gauge, thread gauge, etc.|
|Processing Equipment||CNC machining center, CNC lathe, CNC milling machine, internal and external cylindrical grinder, centerless grinder, CNC grinder, automatic lathe, grinder, punching machine, welding machine, drilling machine, tapping machine, wire cutting, thread rolling machine, CNC gear hobbing machine, super-precision surface Machine etc.|
|Drawing Format||PDF, dwg, CAD，JPG, Solidworks|
|Production Capacity||100,000 pcs/month|
|Size Range||OD：Φ4mm-Φ50mm, Length≤700mm|
|Application Field||Fitness equipment, automobiles, air conditioners, household appliances, office appliances, medical equipment, etc.|
|Package||Plastic bag + carton + (pallet), plastic bag + wooden box, according to customer requirements|
|Delivery Time||Sample: 10-15 days; Batch: According to the order quantity|
5. Manufacturer advantages
- Precision processing with drawings and samples;
- Production-oriented enterprise, more than 20 years of experience in precision shaft processing, strong technical support, advanced processing equipment, complete inspection equipment and a strong logistics inspection team;
- 100% factory inspection, quality assurance;
- Strong productivity and short processing cycle.
6. Common Material Processing
|Other commonly used alloy steels||35CrMo，20Cr，40Cr，40CrMo，42CrMo，20CrMnTi，20CrMMnMo,etc.,|
7. Surface Treatment
|stainless steel||Other steel materials|
8. Strict inspection standards
- Strong QC team;
- Incoming inspection of raw materials;
- First inspection, patrol inspection, random inspection;
- 100% factory inspection.
Minghe Spline Shaft Case Studies List
Manufacturer of standard and custom spline, precision and worm shafts. Made from steel, stainless steel, aluminum, bronze, cast iron, plastic, fiber and nylon. Spline shafts are available in 56 in. length. Involute, straight and British standard metric gear tooth forms available. Various capabilities include boring, drilling, milling, knurling, reaming, gear cutting, thread grinding, turning, threading and tapping. Additional services such as heat treating, plating, passivation, anodizing, CMM inspection and testing provided. Low to medium volume production runs offered. Serves the aircraft, automobile, automotive, government, marine, military, mining, nuclear, semiconductor and transportation industries. Made in the China.