What Is Slender Shaft
The shaft whose length to diameter ratio is greater than 25 (that is, L/D>25) is called a slender shaft. Such as the lead screw, smooth rod, etc. on the lathe. Due to the poor rigidity of the slender shaft, cutting force, cutting heat and vibration during turning, it is extremely prone to deformation and processing errors such as straightness and cylindricity, and it is not easy to achieve the shape and position accuracy and surface on the pattern. Technical requirements such as quality make cutting difficult. The larger the L/d value, the more difficult the turning process. Customers have the choice of many Slender shaft machining companies, but they depend on Minghe Hardware for shortage-free delivery every day, year in and year out. To see for yourself how Minghe’s Slender shaft machining capabilities can put supply chain concerns safely to rest on your next shaft projects, contact us to order a trustworthy cost estimate.
The Processing Difficulty Of Slender Shaft
Slender shafts have poor rigidity. Due to the influence of multiple factors such as machine tools and cutting tools, the workpiece is prone to defects such as curved waist drum, polygonal, and slub shape, especially in the grinding process. The general size is poor and the surface is rough. In addition, because the workpiece generally requires heat treatment requirements such as quenching and tempering during grinding, the cutting heat during grinding is more likely to cause deformation of the workpiece. Therefore, how to solve the above problems has become ultrafine processing. The key issue of the long axis.
The Problem Solving Method Of Slender Shaft
When turning the slender shaft, in addition to solving the bending and vibration caused by the insufficient rigidity of the slender shaft, it should also be noted that the slender shaft is also prone to taper, concave, slub shape, etc. .
- The taper is caused by the different axis of the top type and the spindle center or tool wear. The solution is to adjust the accuracy of the machine tool, select better tool materials and use a reasonable geometric angle.
- Concavity is a phenomenon that the two ends are large and the middle is small, which affects the straightness of the workpiece. The reason is that it is pressed too tightly with the support claws on the outside of the tool post. Near the rear top or the front of the car, the rigidity of the material cannot be overcome, so the diameter of the two ends of the workpiece is large, and the rigidity in the middle is relatively weak. The supporting claws will push from the outside, thereby increasing the depth of the knife, so the middle is concave. The solution is to keep the supporting claws from being too tight or too loose.
- The slub shape is the phenomenon that the diameter of the workpiece is unequal or the surface is uneven. This is also caused by the too tight (too loose) contact between the support claws on the outside of the tool post and the workpiece or the poor precision of the center.
During cutting, because the supporting claw touches the workpiece too tightly, when the tool holder travels here, the workpiece will be pushed to the tip of the tool, which increases the depth of the tool and makes the diameter of the workpiece smaller. The gap is generated, and the radial force during cutting pushes the workpiece into contact with the support claws of the tool holder. At this time, the diameter of the workpiece becomes larger. This is repeated and the regular changes make the workpiece larger and smaller. Bamboo joints. The solution is to choose a high-precision live center and follow the knife without stopping. Secondly, a wide blade can be used to eliminate the slub shape. Therefore, in the cutting process of slender shafts, different methods should be adopted, such as high-speed snack tool volume or low-speed large tool volume reverse cutting method to improve the cutting system, and at the same time, it is equipped with a center frame or a follower to increase the process. The rigidity of the system. In order to better complete the cutting of the slender shaft.
The rigidity of the slender shaft is poor. During the machining process, due to the influence of the machine tool and the cutting tools, the workpiece is prone to defects such as curved waist drum, polygonal shape, and bamboo joint shape, especially in the grinding process. The general size is poor and the surface The roughness requirements are high, and because the workpiece generally requires heat treatment such as quenching and tempering during grinding, the cutting heat during grinding is more likely to cause deformation of the workpiece, etc., in order to prevent bending deformation during processing, the technicians of our factory Measures should be taken in terms of fixtures, machine tools, process methods, operating techniques, tools and cutting consumption.
- CNC lathe processing: Φ5mm-Φ60mm*700mm
- CNC milling machine processing: 800mm*1500mm*700mm
3. Technical parameters
|Material||Alloy steel, carbon steel, stainless steel, stainless iron|
|Surface Treatment||Oxidation, blackening, electroplating, polishing, black matt treatment, sandblasting|
|Testing Equipment||Projector, roughness meter, thread pitch runout measuring instrument, caliper, micrometer, lever micrometer, micro thread caliper, gauge, Rockwell hardness tester, Webster hardness tester, diameter gauge, gear testing center, roundness tester, Deflection instrument, stop gauge, high gauge, thread gauge, etc.|
|Processing Equipment||CNC machining center, CNC lathe, CNC milling machine, internal and external cylindrical grinder, centerless grinder, CNC grinder, automatic lathe, grinder, punching machine, welding machine, drilling machine, tapping machine, wire cutting, thread rolling machine, CNC gear hobbing machine, super-precision surface Machine etc.|
|Drawing Format||PDF, dwg, CAD，JPG, Solidworks|
|Production Capacity||100,000 pcs/month|
|Size Range||OD：Φ4mm-Φ50mm, Length≤700mm|
|Application Field||Fitness equipment, automobiles, air conditioners, household appliances, office appliances, medical equipment, etc.|
|Package||Plastic bag + carton + (pallet), plastic bag + wooden box, according to customer requirements|
|Delivery Time||Sample: 10-15 days; Batch: According to the order quantity|
5. Manufacturer advantages
- Precision processing with drawings and samples;
- Production-oriented enterprise, more than 20 years of experience in precision shaft processing, strong technical support, advanced processing equipment, complete inspection equipment and a strong logistics inspection team;
- 100% factory inspection, quality assurance;
- Strong productivity and short processing cycle.
6. Common Material Processing
|Other commonly used alloy steels||35CrMo，20Cr，40Cr，40CrMo，42CrMo，20CrMnTi，20CrMMnMo,etc.,|
7. Surface Treatment
|stainless steel||Other steel materials|
8. Strict inspection standards
- Strong QC team;
- Incoming inspection of raw materials;
- First inspection, patrol inspection, random inspection;
- 100% factory inspection.
Minghe Slender Shaft Case Studies List
Manufacturer of standard and custom spline, precision and worm shafts. Made from steel, stainless steel, aluminum, bronze, cast iron, plastic, fiber and nylon. Spline shafts are available in 56 in. length. Involute, straight and British standard metric gear tooth forms available. Various capabilities include boring, drilling, milling, knurling, reaming, gear cutting, thread grinding, turning, threading and tapping. Additional services such as heat treating, plating, passivation, anodizing, CMM inspection and testing provided. Low to medium volume production runs offered. Serves the aircraft, automobile, automotive, government, marine, military, mining, nuclear, semiconductor and transportation industries. Made in the China.