What Is Motor Shaft
The shaft is an important part of the motor, as the link of electromechanical energy conversion between the motor and the equipment, supporting the rotating parts, transmitting the torque and determining the relative position of the rotating parts to the stator. Therefore, the motor shaft must have reliable strength and rigidity to ensure the realization of the preset design function.
The ultimate success secret to our machining motor shafts is the keen eye and experienced hand of the minghe craftsmen who oversee the shaft machining process. They put decades of experience into making sure cutting speeds, feed rates, cutting fluids and tool conditions are perfectly maintained for precise shaft CNC machining.
The Classification Of Motor Shaft
According to whether there are steps on the shaft classification. It can be divided into two types: optical axis and stepped axis. The optical shaft is often made of cold-drawn round steel, which can reduce the man-hours for machining the outer circle of the shaft, and is sometimes used in micro motors. Stepped shafts can be easily and reliably installed with many different parts. Therefore, most motors use this shaft. Stepped shafts can be divided into one-way stepped shafts (the diameter of the step decreases gradually from one end of the shaft to the other end) and two-way stepped shafts (the diameter of the stepped shaft gradually decreases from the middle of the shaft to both ends). Decrease). Classified according to the manufacturing method of the shaft blank. It can be divided into round steel shafts (shafts made of hot-rolled round steel), forged shafts (shafts made of forgings) and welded shafts (shafts welded with radial ribs). The shaft made of hot-rolled round steel is the most common shaft in small and medium-sized motors. The shaft material is commonly used 45 high-quality carbon structural steel. For small power motors, some use Q235 ordinary carbon steel. The diameter of the blank should be selected according to the maximum diameter of the shaft plus the machining allowance. Therefore, the cutting amount is relatively large. For shafts with a diameter of more than 100 mm, forged shafts should be used. The forged steel has high mechanical strength, and the general shape of the stepped shaft is forged, which can save raw materials and cutting man-hours. For large shafts with high mechanical strength requirements, such as the shaft of a turbo-generator, alloy steel forging is often used. The welding shaft replaces the rotor bracket with radial ribs, which can increase the ventilation area of the rotor cavity. But when welding the ribs, it is easy to cause the deformation of the shaft, and it must be annealed after welding. Discontinuous cutting during machining on the machine tool is not good for the tool. Due to the existence of the weld, the fatigue strength of the shaft is significantly reduced, so it is not suitable for high-speed motors.
- According to the combination of shaft and iron core. It can be divided into a shaft with knurling in the middle, a shaft with a hot sleeve and a shaft with a keyway in the middle. Knurled shafts are used for small motors below 10 kilowatts, which can save the work of machining keys and keyways. However, when the shaft is pressed into the iron core, it is easy to deform the shaft. During the operation of the motor, some knurled rotor cores produce axial movement. This kind of shaft deformation is caused by the tight fit between the iron core and the shaft, and the axial displacement is caused by the lack of interference between the two.The middle part of the hot sleeve shaft is neither knurled nor provided with a keyway. A certain amount of interference is left between the shaft and the inner hole of the iron core, and the iron core is inserted into the shaft while the iron core is hot. As long as the interference is selected appropriately, the combination of the rotor core and the shaft is very reliable.The shaft with a keyway in the middle can be divided into a keyway with one section and two sections with a keyway. The shaft with one section of the keyway is used for small motors. The shaft with two sections of keyway is used for medium and large motors. The rotor core (or bracket) and the shaft are combined with a key. The iron core is axially fixed, one end is added with a shoulder, and the other end is clamped in the annular keyway on the shaft with an arc key. This kind of shaft can transmit a larger torque, and is often used in motors with larger power and motors that require frequent forward and reverse rotation during operation or the rotor core is not suitable for hot sleeves.
- Classified according to the shape of shaft extension. It can be divided into cylindrical shaft extension shaft, conical shaft extension shaft and shaft extension shaft with half coupling. The cylindrical shaft extension is easy to process and is most used in motors. The circular shaft is supplemented with fastening bolts, which requires a large amount of processing. However, the equipped transmission wheel is convenient for loading and unloading, and it is mostly used for special motors. Shafts with half couplings are mainly used in hydroelectric generators and large DC motors.
- Classified according to the shape of the axis. It can be divided into a solid shaft, a shaft with a deep hole at one end and a shaft with a central through hole. Solid shafts are most commonly used in motors. The shaft with a deep hole at one end is mainly used for winding asynchronous motors, so that the lead wire on the rotor is connected to the collector ring outside the end cover through the hole. Shafts with a central through hole are mainly used for large motors: in a dual-water internal cooling turbine generator, the central through hole is also used as a part of the cooling water circuit.
- Classification according to shaft permeability. Can be divided into magnetically permeable shaft and non-permeable shaft. The permeable shaft is mainly used in steam turbine generators. The shafts of other motors usually do not need to be magnetically conductive.
- Other classification methods. According to the number of shaft extensions, it can be divided into single shaft extension shaft and double shaft extension shaft; according to the different number of bearings, it can be divided into single bearing shaft, double bearing shaft and multi-bearing shaft.
Minghe specializes in the production of various motor shafts, motor shafts and other precision shafts. The motor shafts processed and produced by our factory are of high precision, and most of them are alloy steel, carbon steel, stainless steel, and stainless steel. According to customer requirements, drawings and samples are available. Carry out oxidation, blackening, electroplating, polishing, black matt treatment, sandblasting and other treatments. Our factory has strict inspection standards and a strong QC team. All raw materials can only be put into storage after inspection. During the production process, there are first inspections, patrol inspections, random inspections and 100% factory inspections, so as to grasp the quality from the source. Our factory The qualification rate of the motor shaft is as high as 99.9%. Our motor shafts are exported to many overseas countries, and are widely used in household appliances (air conditioners), automobile industry, fitness equipment (treadmills), cleaning equipment, medical equipment and other fields, and have been highly praised and trusted by customers at home and abroad.
CNC lathe processing: Φ5mm-Φ60mm*700mm
CNC milling machine processing: 800mm*1500mm*700mm
3. Technical parameters
|Material||Alloy steel, carbon steel, stainless steel, stainless iron|
|Surface Treatment||Oxidation, blackening, electroplating, polishing, black matt treatment, sandblasting|
|Testing Equipment||Projector, roughness meter, thread pitch runout measuring instrument, caliper, micrometer, lever micrometer, micro thread caliper, gauge, Rockwell hardness tester, Webster hardness tester, diameter gauge, gear testing center, roundness tester, Deflection instrument, stop gauge, high gauge, thread gauge, etc.|
|Processing Equipment||CNC machining center, CNC lathe, CNC milling machine, internal and external cylindrical grinder, centerless grinder, CNC grinder, automatic lathe, grinder, punching machine, welding machine, drilling machine, tapping machine, wire cutting, thread rolling machine, CNC gear hobbing machine, super-precision surface Machine etc.|
|Drawing Format||PDF, dwg, CAD，JPG, Solidworks|
|Production Capacity||100,000 pcs/month|
|Size Range||OD：Φ4mm-Φ50mm, Length≤700mm|
|Application Field||Fitness equipment, automobiles, air conditioners, household appliances, office appliances, medical equipment, etc.|
|Package||Plastic bag + carton + (pallet), plastic bag + wooden box, according to customer requirements|
|Delivery Time||Sample: 10-15 days; Batch: According to the order quantity|
5. Manufacturer advantages
- Precision processing with drawings and samples;
- Production-oriented enterprise, more than 20 years of experience in precision shaft processing, strong technical support, advanced processing equipment, complete inspection equipment and a strong logistics inspection team;
- 100% factory inspection, quality assurance;
- Strong productivity and short processing cycle.
6. Common Material Processing
|Other commonly used alloy steels||35CrMo，20Cr，40Cr，40CrMo，42CrMo，20CrMnTi，20CrMMnMo,etc.,|
7. Surface Treatment
|stainless steel||Other steel materials|
8. Strict inspection standards
- Strong QC team;
- Incoming inspection of raw materials;
- First inspection, patrol inspection, random inspection;
- 100% factory inspection.
Minghe Motor Shaft Case Studies List
Manufacturer of standard and custom spline, precision and worm shafts. Made from steel, stainless steel, aluminum, bronze, cast iron, plastic, fiber and nylon. Spline shafts are available in 56 in. length. Involute, straight and British standard metric gear tooth forms available. Various capabilities include boring, drilling, milling, knurling, reaming, gear cutting, thread grinding, turning, threading and tapping. Additional services such as heat treating, plating, passivation, anodizing, CMM inspection and testing provided. Low to medium volume production runs offered. Serves the aircraft, automobile, automotive, government, marine, military, mining, nuclear, semiconductor and transportation industries. Made in the China.