What Is Gear Shaft
Gear shaft refers to a mechanical part that supports a rotating part and rotates with it to transmit motion, torque or bending moment. It is generally in the shape of a metal round rod, and each section can have different diameters. The rotating parts in the machine are mounted on the shaft. More than one million times a month MINGHE Hardware delivers a new gear shaft machined custom component, including hundreds of thousands made in steel. Each individual component is produced with a focus on top productivity, and on maintaining a supply of components that never runs dry. This assurance is backed by over a 30 years of experience with the cutting characteristics of hundreds of different gear shaft types, each with unique processing requirements we have mastered.
The Classification Of Gear Shaft
According to the shape of the axis, the shaft can be divided into two types: crankshaft and straight shaft. According to the bearing condition of the shaft, it can be divided into:
- The rotating shaft, which bears both bending moment and torque during work, is the most common shaft in machinery, such as the shaft in various reducers.
- The mandrel is used to support the rotating parts and only bear the bending moment and not transmit the torque. Some mandrels rotate, such as the axle of railway vehicles, and some mandrels do not rotate, such as the axle supporting the pulley.
- The drive shaft is mainly used to transmit torque without bearing the bending moment, such as the long optical shaft in the moving mechanism of the crane, the drive shaft of the automobile, etc.
Gear Shaft Design And Application
In the design, the use of gear shafts is generally nothing more than the following situations:
- The gear shaft is generally a pinion (a gear with a small number of teeth).
- The gear shaft is generally in the high-speed level (that is, the low-torque level).
- Gear shafts are generally seldom used as sliding gears for shifting speeds, they are generally fixed-running gears. First, because they are in the high-speed stage, their high speeds are not suitable for sliding shifting.
- The gear shaft is a combination of shaft and gear. However, in the design, the length of the shaft should be shortened as much as possible. If it is too long, it is not conducive to the upper hobbing machine. The second is that the support of the shaft is too long and the shaft needs to be thickened. And increase the mechanical strength (such as rigidity, deflection, bending resistance, etc.).
Our factory has more than 20 years of experience in gear shaft processing and production. It is good at processing various types of high-precision gear shafts. The products are exported to many countries and regions overseas. There are different processing techniques for gear shafts with different precision requirements. For gear shafts with general precision, our factory’s processing technology is: blank blanking → rough turning → quenching and tempering treatment → finishing turning gear blank → machining keyway → hobbing → tooth surface quenching → gear grinding → inspection. For some gear shafts with high precision requirements for drawings or samples, the special technology adopted by our factory can fully meet the requirements of customers.
- CNC lathe processing: Φ5mm-Φ60mm*700mm
- CNC milling machine processing: 800mm*1500mm*700mm
3. Technical parameters
|Material||Alloy steel, carbon steel, stainless steel, stainless iron|
|Surface Treatment||Oxidation, blackening, electroplating, polishing, black matt treatment, sandblasting|
|Testing Equipment||Projector, roughness meter, thread pitch runout measuring instrument, caliper, micrometer, lever micrometer, micro thread caliper, gauge, Rockwell hardness tester, Webster hardness tester, diameter gauge, gear testing center, roundness tester, Deflection instrument, stop gauge, high gauge, thread gauge, etc.|
|Processing Equipment||CNC machining center, CNC lathe, CNC milling machine, internal and external cylindrical grinder, centerless grinder, CNC grinder, automatic lathe, grinder, punching machine, welding machine, drilling machine, tapping machine, wire cutting, thread rolling machine, CNC gear hobbing machine, super-precision surface Machine etc.|
|Drawing Format||PDF, dwg, CAD，JPG, Solidworks|
|Production Capacity||100,000 pcs/month|
|Size Range||OD：Φ4mm-Φ50mm, Length≤700mm|
|Application Field||Fitness equipment, automobiles, air conditioners, household appliances, office appliances, medical equipment, etc.|
|Package||Plastic bag + carton + (pallet), plastic bag + wooden box, according to customer requirements|
|Delivery Time||Sample: 10-15 days; Batch: According to the order quantity|
5. Manufacturer advantages
- Precision processing with drawings and samples;
- Production-oriented enterprise, more than 20 years of experience in precision shaft processing, strong technical support, advanced processing equipment, complete inspection equipment and a strong logistics inspection team;
- 100% factory inspection, quality assurance;
- Strong productivity and short processing cycle.
6. Common Material Processing
|Other commonly used alloy steels||35CrMo，20Cr，40Cr，40CrMo，42CrMo，20CrMnTi，20CrMMnMo,etc.,|
7. Surface Treatment
|stainless steel||Other steel materials|
8. Strict inspection standards
- Strong QC team;
- Incoming inspection of raw materials;
- First inspection, patrol inspection, random inspection;
- 100% factory inspection.
Minghe Gear Shaft Case Studies List
Manufacturer of standard and custom spline, precision and worm shafts. Made from steel, stainless steel, aluminum, bronze, cast iron, plastic, fiber and nylon. Spline shafts are available in 56 in. length. Involute, straight and British standard metric gear tooth forms available. Various capabilities include boring, drilling, milling, knurling, reaming, gear cutting, thread grinding, turning, threading and tapping. Additional services such as heat treating, plating, passivation, anodizing, CMM inspection and testing provided. Low to medium volume production runs offered. Serves the aircraft, automobile, automotive, government, marine, military, mining, nuclear, semiconductor and transportation industries. Made in the China.